Cuisine: Sweets – Miscellaneous
These are really delicious and easy to make if you use canned biscuits. If you have a favorite biscuit recipe, use that and it will be wonderful.
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted (I use unsalted butter)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Biscuit dough (enough for 8 biscuits) or
- 1 can Pillsbury Homestyle Grands (or your favorite canned biscuits)
- I used paper cupcakes in my pan and sprayed them a little with cooking spray (such as Pam).
- Place 2 teaspoons melted margarine in cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter).
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts. Divide the mixture between 16 muffin cups. Take each biscuit and split horizontally. Place one half of the biscuit in each cup. It should make 16.
- Bake 15 minutes (or until lightly browned) in a preheated 400 degree oven.
- Invert pan onto a large tray. Let the pan remain a minute or two so butterscotch drizzles down.
- Whether you prepare the biscuits from scratch or from canned biscuits you can prepare the muffin tins, cover and store in refrigerator until ready to bake. Then 25 minutes before serving, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake biscuits uncovered 18 minutes. Immediately invert pan onto a large tray. Let the pan remain a minute or two so butterscotch drizzles down.