Recipe Type: Tasty Sides
A great variation of mashed potatoes.
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, (about 12 ounces) divided
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 4 green onions, sliced on the diagonal
- In a Dutch oven, put the potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a mixing bowl adding the sour cream, milk, butter and salt and pepper. Beat on medium low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in half of the cheese and 1/2 of the bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heaaaaated through and cheese is melted.
- Top with the green onions. Serve hot !