: Dessert – Pie
This is delicious and tastes very much like pecan pie !!
- 20 Ritz Crackers, finely crushed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Whipped cream or cool whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the crackers in a plastic bag and finely crush them.
- With a mixer, stiffly beat the egg whites and set aside.
- Mix the crackers, sugar, nuts, and vanilla together in a bowl. Fold the stiffly beaten eggs whites in the mixture.
- Pour into a well buttered 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Cut into squares and put into individual serving dished. Top with cherry pie filling and whipped cream on top.