Doesn’t this look delicious !! It really is a wonderful substitute for cheesecake.
It only takes a few ingredients and 30 minutes to make this delicious substitute for cheesecake !!
Spray the pan with cooking spray to prevent the crust from sticking. Open one can of crescents and press it on the bottom and sides of the pan. This is the bottom crust of the dessert.
Next, with mixer beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Pour on top of the crescent crust. Open the other can of crescents and press together and place on top of the filling. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Then prepare the glaze and either spread it all over the top or drizzle it top.
I could eat the entire pan by myself !!
But here is my little piece of heaven !! Wish you were here to help me eat it !!
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 2 8 ounce packages Cream Cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs, separated
- Pam or other cooking spray
- Ingredients for glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With shortening lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan or spray the bottom and sides with Pam cooking spray.
- Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls, pressing seams together, roll or pat out to form a rectangle for the bottom of the 9x13x2-inch baking pan. (Do not bake yet.)
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg yolks together.
- Pour over the bottom crust.
- Unroll the other can of crescents, pressing seams together, roll out or pat to form a rectangle and place it on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Take a small amount of one of the egg whites and brush the top layer with a pastry brush.
- Bake at 350o for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.